Donations?

This blog is free. It is an experiment: I simply share my actions with anybody interested.

If you like this blog you can send it to a friend.

Thank you

Thursday, April 1, 2010

Let's bet on the iPad

The iPad will be on sale in a couple of days. Will it boost Apple's shares or will it disappoint Apple's customers?

I have no idea, honestly. For some aspects I do like it, for others I am afraid it cannot do many things without paying extra bucks.

So, what should we do? Well, regardless on iPad's success or failure I would expect Apple's shares to move in one way or another.

I would suggest to buy both Call and Put options on AAPL. I just bought the same amount of contracts for April 17th AAPL options with strike price $235. The cost of 1 call + 1 put contract should stay close to $6. This means that if AAPL goes under $229 or above $241, then we gain.

But beware: if AAPL stays around $235 we lose. So just bet a few hundreds dollars on this.

1 comment:

  1. Hi,

    I've owned AAPL since it was at $90 and I've seen lots of releases come out as far as products are concerned. Traditionally, AAPL will skyrocket up until the day its released, and then come back down. This is the same for their news conferences, but I trust your strategy!! Will do it now!!

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to share your thoughts.